Cape Paterson Coastal Walks
Pack your swimmers and your camera, and head through bushland to the Cape Paterson Foreshore Track.
Along the Cape Paterson Foreshore Track you’ll encounter a variety of spectacular scenic clifftop lookouts, and views of the coastline. Wander down to the beach and cool off in Cape Paterson’s iconic rock pools, and make sure you look for the ‘swimming pool’ near the boat ramp, blasted from rock platform by miners in 1910. Pretty cool, huh?
Location: Off Surf Beach Road, Cape Paterson near the boat ramp
- 1.4km return / 20 mins return
- Easy with gentle undulations
- Compacted gravel, boardwalk, soft sand
- Toilets with Designated Accessible toilets located at Wonthaggi Surf Life Saving Club and First Surf car park
- Parking located off Surf Beach Road (sealed)
- Designated Accessible Parking available
- Wheelchairs suitable for approx. 1km Surf Beach Rd to main track & between boat ramp and First Surf car parks
- Bicycles not permitted
- Dogs permitted on a lead
- Picnic table/BBQ